This project details window will be opened once you create the new DMAIC project. Or else you can always click on the name of the project in the DMAIC Projects list window to open the details of the selected DMAIC Project.
A sample Project window is shown below. This has 9 (or 10 - depending on the state of the project) tabs which allow the user to work on different aspects of the project.
- Overview tab: Gives some important information about the project, like the current status, the set of next tasks due in this project, health of the project as per the defined timeline, project team, project charter and the definition and current status of all the Project metrics.
- Key Metrics tab: If metrics have been identified, else this tab will not be shown.
- Tabs for Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control and Realisation phases of the project. Here all the tasks that were identified by the company as their workflow will be shown. The tasks will be enabled as per the sequence identified in the workflow.
- Documents tab: Shows all the documents that were uploaded in this project. This is a convenient place to view all the documents at one place.
- Reviews tab: To keep track of all your project review meetings. You can add your meeting notes and action items. Such action items become part of the tasks required to be done in the respective phase of the project.